Europa Fast Build Kit

Subject: Europa Fast Build Kit
From: Joseph Lamand <josephlamand@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:12:05
Dear Europa Builders

I am looking into a Europa XS fast-build kit. The fast-build comes with all
stage 1 glass work completed. The standard Europa XS is on the FAA approved
list, but the fast-build kit is not on the list. The company personnel once
told me that the reason they did not get this on the list is because of the
extra cost involved in having it reinspected by the FAA. Apparently this is
how almost all Europa kits are sold now. They don't think I should have any
trouble proving the 'major portion' rule. I like the fast-build idea, but I
am a little concerned about this. I would like to hear from others who are
building the fast-build kit.