Puzzled by Epoxy

Subject: Puzzled by Epoxy
From: JLW <jeffw@Telebyte.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 08:47:10
Hello all...

    Having only just recently received a new kit, I find I am puzzled by
the various epoxy types.  I've continued reading the construction
manual.  I am puzzled about the mention of epoxy with regard to the
installation of the rivets on control surfaces.  For the rudder, it just
says 'epoxy' and 'flox'.  It doesn't specify which epoxy.  The same
thing for the trim tabs.  Then, in the discussion about attaching the
trim tab rivets to the tail (page 4-6), it specifically mentions the
'rapid epoxy' and 'flox'.  Which epoxy is used for attaching the rivets
to the rudder and to the trim tabs?  If not the 'rapid epoxy', then why
does it say to use the rapid type when attaching the trim tabs to the
tail?  Then, on page 7-7 in the discussion about attaching the hinges to
the ailerons, it just say to follow the same principle as that of the
rudder and anti-servo tabs.  It just says attach them to the inside of
each aileron flange with flox and pop-rivets.  Again, it does not
specify which epoxy.  In fact it doesn't even mention epoxy, it just
says flox.  Should one assume that if only the word epoxy or flox is
used, that the use of Aeropoxy is intended?  Will the use of Redux, or
Rapid Epoxy always be specified if they are to be used?  If I am
supposed to be using Aeropoxy, then my building is 'on hold' because I
have not received it yet.

    Have a Happy New Year everyone!

    Jeff