Re: Puzzled by Epoxy

Subject: Re: Puzzled by Epoxy
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:09:04
>  I chose to use Aeropoxy since it gave a longer
>working time than the 5 minute epoxy.  This turned out to be a mistake -- the
>Aeropoxy is relatively thin and as the rivets were installed the flox exuded
>pure epoxy which ran into the hinges.

Annoying, John, to say the least.
The way I always did it was to let the flox cure before pulling the rivets.
I use skin pins, not Clecos, to hold the flanges in place. That way the
hinge will not be distorted if the flange is not straight. If this is done
with the hinges still fixed to the straight edge the hinges remain coaxial.
(if that's the right word) Concentric maybe {?:-)

Graham