Fuel blockages

Subject: Fuel blockages
From: Kevin Pownall <kevpow@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 16:06:13
Because I have had an engine failure due to blocked filters I carefully
inspected the inside of my new long range tank.

I was surprised to find about a quarter teaspoon of plastic swarf and dust
in the bottom.

Some was easily vaccumed out but some needed to be prodded before the vaccum
would do its stuff.It seemed to be a classic example of the problems in the
main tanks .No matter how much washing it appears some gunk may stay
presumably by static means and only appear at a later flying date when it
often overwhelms the small supplied filter.

Xmas Wishes to all     Kevin  pownall