Re: Fuel blockages

Subject: Re: Fuel blockages
From: Loontus@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:26:58

Hi all;
I've been reading these letters for some time, particularly on this subject
and I have what should be a two-part solution.
First, spray about a half can of that antistatic laundry spray into the tank
through any and every access hole possible, then run a vacuum into it on the
exhale mode for about a half hour.
Second, once everything is installed and ready for the first run disconnect
the fuel line at the engine and run a return back to the tank (if there is no
electric pump in this part of the system, install a temporary one here).  Now
power the pump for a few hours, shake things if possible and cleaning out the
filter as necessary.  After this "simulated flight" there should be little
left to clog (unless you have those wooden shoes).
       Dave