Re: Fuel blockages

Subject: Re: Fuel blockages
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:11:07
Sounds like an excellent idea.  However, I'd also drain all the fuel
when done.  Once used to clean the tank, I think it's best relegated
to my truck and lawn tractor.  Probably OK, but I'd feel much
better....

Regards,
Fred F. A063

Dave Loontus wrote:

> First, spray about a half can of that antistatic laundry spray into the tank

> through any and every access hole possible, then run a vacuum into it on the

> exhale mode for about a half hour.

> Second, once everything is installed and ready for the first run disconnect
> the fuel line at the engine and run a return back to the tank (if there is
> no electric pump in this part of the system, install a temporary one here). >
Now power the pump for a few hours, shake things if possible and cleaning
> out the filter as necessary.  After this "simulated flight" there should be >
little left to clog (unless you have those wooden shoes).