Re: Re: Europa_mail: Europa 914 up to FL900

Subject: Re: Re: Europa_mail: Europa 914 up to FL900
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 17:50:31
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
Peter van Schoonhoven <pvans@pacifier.com>

>Hi Brian and Dan,

Thought you might enjoy these links.

First, Christmas lights from space, as befits the holiday season. I WISH US
ALL A WONDERFUL 2001!

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg

And now for a technical point of interest:

>Below are links describing NASA's ERAST project, a high-altitude, remotely
>piloted vehicle (RPV) powered by a 914 with a triple turbocharger.
>
>Besides the interesting technical details, it's noteworthy that NASA (most $$
>and technical expertise of anywhere in the world) chose the Rotax 914 for its
>reliability and efficiency.  The U.S. Air Force uses the 914 also in its RPV
>also.
>
>http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/PAO/PAIS/HTML/FS-059-DFRC.html
>
>http://www.manufacturing.net/magazine/dn/archives/1996/dn0909.96/feature2.htm
>
>Regards