Trailer rash

Subject: Trailer rash
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:05:24
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
Herbert Kilian <HKilian@compuserve.com>

Terry,
---From a darvinistic standpoint, the highest evolved trailers for aircraft
can be found at your local or distant (if you live in the US) glider clubs.
I have trailered my different fiberglass gliders over tens of thousands of
miles on all kinds of roads and had no discernable damage ever.  That also
may have to do with the fact that nearly all gliders are still using
polyester gelcoat (Schwabbellack) finishes which are very tough regarding
abrasion.  But then, they also tend to show cracking or crazing after a
couple of years in our climates...
trailer are clamped down and held in place on carpet or better felt lined
surfaces.  The clamping force should be light.
Herb