Re: Re: Europa_aileron fitting problem

Subject: Re: Re: Europa_aileron fitting problem
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:58:00

----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Coxall <skeeta@gateway.net.au>
Subject: Re: Europa_aileron fitting problem

> When I attempt to fit the ailerons to the wings ,the top lip of the
aileron
> leading edge close out.(on the wing itself) fouls on the top surface of
the
> aileron by some 8 mm . has anyone else had this problem and how did you
cure
> it . any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ian Coxall  No 422

Ian

Simple answer yes. You need to sand back the upper surface of the close out
a great deal until the aileron has free upward movement. It was quite
frightening the amount of the close out we removed, but all you need left is
sufficient to bond the upper wing surface onto - we ended up with about
1/4". There were also a couple of areas where the close out had been
distorted during fitting to the wing (care of the factory) which required a
little more radical work locally. During the sanding chamfering the close
out will save a little of the material. I seem to remember ringing Andy and
Nevill at least once for reassurance. Best of luck

Paul Stewart #432