RE: Re: Europa_aileron fitting problem

Subject: RE: Re: Europa_aileron fitting problem
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 06:15:48
Ian:

This close out gets trimmed as necessary to obtain your proper aileron
travel. Note however that you need to make sure you leave enough there to
obtain a sufficient enough surface to bond the top lid of the wing to.  I
let a very small amount of this close out to rub slightly on the aileron
before bonding the top surface of the wing.  During the bonding operation I
put spacers in place to slightly lift the lip off while the epoxy was
curing. After the cure and some slight sanding the result was exactly as
hoped for. Complete travel and no rubbing.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa, AZ

--- Steve Hagar