Positioning the rudder pedals.

Subject: Positioning the rudder pedals.
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:00:38
Hi All,

I am seeking a little advice on rudder pedals.  While what I about to
expound here is obvious to the folk who have done it before, please bear
with me, their is a question buried in my ramblings.

I am making up the rudder cables, and I am going to put turn buckles in mine
rather that the adjusting plates that Europa suggests.  What I have
discovered is that the distance that the rudder pedals are from the fire
wall is determined by the length of the rudder cables.

What I would like to do is to make my cable lengths so that the rudder
pedals are a close as they can be to the fire wall, but still have enough
movement to get a full deflection of the rudder.  Could someone tell me the
minimum distance that the rudder pedal can be from the firewall, but still
allow full rudder deflection.  I would like this dimension to be given for
the passenger side.  hopefully my question makes sense.

Thanks,  Paul (363)