Re: Fuel head sensing

Subject: Re: Fuel head sensing
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:53:53
A couple of year's ago I published on this forum the use of an ASI for fuel
head measurement based on the convenient match between the 15" head of a full
tank and the pressure range of  130kt ASI. It was approved and has been in my
Europa ever since.  While a normal ASI does not have an electrical output,
the Encoder (by RMI ) which is also fitted, does.  However they discouraged
me from using it for this purpose because the sensor head was not guaranteed
against attack by fuel or fuel vapour.

Have you indeed found such a device ?, or done the necessary tests to prove
it will not deteriorate from such service ?

Graham