Re: Fuel head sensing

Subject: Re: Fuel head sensing
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:47:00
Hi Tony

<<
The pressure sensor I am using is a Honeywell device 26PCAFA6D which is
cleared for media which does not attack polyethermide, silicon,
fuorosilicone, silicone, EPDM and neoprene seals!
I have had one soaking in a combination of Mogas/Avgas for eight months and
the seal is still intact.
It also has an operating range of -40c to +85c so should even be able to
handle the UK's fickle weather!!!!

Well it's different anyway.  The RMI uses Motorola MPX10DP.  It certainly
contains silicon (is there anything electronic left which doesn't ?)  and the
case is plastic and  both could be affected by fuel.  The seal is clearly the
most important, though calibration drift or failure would be nasty..

Incidentally the RMI circuitry has elaborate temperature compensation to make
the operating range usable.

Graham