antenna locations

Subject: antenna locations
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:15:53
Fred Fillinger wrote:

> I wonder if this is peculiar to composite planes.  None of the comm
> install manuals I have, which seem to presume aluminum or tube/fabric
> airframes, caution about mounting location with reference to the
> engine.  ???

good point here - perhaps we could get this on a slightly more scientific (?)
basis:
having pinned my fin bulkheads in place last night, I was also considering
antenna
line
routing: this raised the question of whether having the initial part of the line
leading
away from the dipoles (I'm planning on a std Europa installation) should be
perpendicular, or does it not matter if it's parallel...

So: a quesionaire

What type of antenna
location
lead routing
was a VSWR calibration done
what was the final length
what sort of subsequent problems occured

all the best

Miles