Re: Coolant Mix

Subject: Re: Coolant Mix
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:25:29
Message text written by "Hal Perkins"
>I am monitoring the views on oil on this forum and could have sworn that
Andy Draper told me to use synthetic oil if using Avgas.  Avgas is
recommended for ambient temps. above 20C or 6,000', both of which I have!<

The best advice is likely to come from Rotax themselves. In their bulletins
they state that fully synthetic oil is not recommended if Avgas is to be
used. If you have not seen this then I suggest that it might be worth
getting a copy as it also lists the oil manufacturers and their recommended
oils for use with Rotax engines. Also it is important to be on the mailing
list in case any other bulletins come out that affect you. The retailer of
the engine is the point of contact for this as they have a responsibility
to ensure that their customers are kept up to date.

Nigel Charles