Slick 50 anyone?

Subject: Slick 50 anyone?
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:25:26
Message text written by "Nic"
>I've been using a Teflon oil treatment, Slick 50, in my vehicles since the
FAA approved it in the seventies.
It gets burnished onto sliding surfaces like cylinders, rings, and pistons.
Also, it protects cam lobes and tappets and gear teeth from abrasion and
erosion.
It works best in engines that are "well" worn in (not worn out).
You know its working when the next morning, it cranks over like the plugs
have been removed.
Operating temperatures are lower and/or easier to mantain.
Is Slick 50 popular anywhere else?<

I seem to remember being warned against any oil treatment products because
although they work OK with unleaded fuel there can be problems if Avgas is
used. I would certainly not use it in a Rotax unless it had been cleared by
Rotax themselves.

Nigel Charles