Re: Europa Paint Job - United Kingdom

Subject: Re: Europa Paint Job - United Kingdom
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:05:20
I have read elsewhere that water-reducible primers do not work well on
metal.  Re the topcoat peeling off, I cannot find any report of such
on the boat builder's newsgroup (hasn't occurred on my fiberglass test
parts).  But, I can't say System Three is better.  The only possible
advantage is the clearcoat step, which might produce a better gloss
after rubbing/polishing (but haven't compared the two -- stuff's too
expensive for just testing!).

Regards,
Fred F., A063