Re: Europa Paint Job - United Kingdom

Subject: Re: Europa Paint Job - United Kingdom
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:06:50
System Three Resins here in the US has been selling water-reducible
epoxy and polyurethane coatings to fiberglass boat builders for some
time now.  Arguably a harsher environment than for planes, and I've
not read of any complaints yet.  The formulation seems to be similar
to PolyFiber's.

BTW, re a UV barrier coat, System Three says that unpainted (or
clearcoated) fiberglass resin can break down in sunlight in as little
as 6 months.

Regards,
Fred F., A063