Re: Antennas in wings?

Subject: Re: Antennas in wings?
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:56:15
Steve,

I decided to place my nav antenna in one of my wings.  I'm very
satisfied with the installation and it tested out fine (natch, it's from
Bob Archer), but I can't tell you how it works as that's a number of
months away.

I put mine in the wing to avoid any expensive external fuselage mounted
antennas.  I have an access panel for the strobe power supply (it's near
the wingtip), so I can work on the connections for the antenna if need
be.  Of course, if the FAA continues making progress with the Wide Area
Augmentation system for the GPS system, I won't have to use that nav
antenna for very long (fingers crossed).

My $.02,

Steve G.