RE: Antennas in wings?

Subject: RE: Antennas in wings?
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:10:44
There is plenty of room elsewhere for one of everything.  My XS has copper
foil tape from RST for the nav/com, glideslope, and marker beacon antennae
"glassed" onto the fin and longitudinally along the top of the fuselage, and
on a thin fiberboard panel across the fuselage behind the baggage
compartment bulkhead.  Now if you want TWO of something, the wings might be
handy, but following RST's guidance regarding separation from any other
metallic object may be difficult (which is why I did not consider using the
wings for mounting any antennae).

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070