Re: Re: Europa Installation

Subject: Re: Re: Europa Installation
From: Wilksch Airmotive <mark@wilksch.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:06:00

Dear Ed and Rob and Forum

Sorry I forgot about the weight!

There is a penalty but its not a hugh amount over a rotax 914 which gives
similar power/altitude performance.

We are looking at Europas with 500lb+ of payload which is a very useful
little aircraft.

I have attached a spreadsheet (XLS) which is our best estimate of the
installed weight at the moment.

There is also a W+B estimate on the www undet "Planned Installations".  URL:

http://www.wilksch.com/Weight_Bal_Europa.htm

Probably slightly optimistic in that it assumes that the oil and coolant is
the same as for a Rotax, but 500lb of payload certainly looks achievable
provided you build light.

Paul Atkinson has also done some W+B estimates on a spreadsheet.   He can be
contacted at: paulliz@cix.co.uk

In the long term the WAM-120 is aimed at VLA's (750kg aircraft) whereas the
Europa is a "mini-VLA".
The up side is that it is small and cute and is likely to be one of the
fastest things the WAM-120 gets fitted to.
Its amazing that it fits into the engine bay at all.  We were very fortunate
in being able to slot the engine in between the foot-wells (part luck part
planning).

Regards.......MARK WILKSCH