Rudder pedals

Subject: Rudder pedals
From: william mcclellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:06:12
I am requesting suggestions/ideas based on the experience of those of
you who have been through this.

I am installing the rudder pedals and floors.  I would like to move the
pedals as far forward as I can get away with and not impair function.  I
need the extra leg room.

If done by the manual, the holes cut in the firewall and the starboard
horizontal tube 3 1/2 inches back from the inside firewall places the
pedals, except that if the pedal floor is moved up or down it changes
the fore and aft of the horizontal tubes as the front firewall is tilted
forward as it goes up.  The manual doesn't set the pedal floor level
very precisely.  It seems that pedal floors vary from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2
inches measured at the rear inner corner.  I believe I only have to
leave enough room to give the rudder pedals full travel (though I don't
know exactly what full travel is yet).  Also I don't know if there is a
possibility of interfering with the engine.

So any reason I can't cheat the pedals forward.  How much?  Also is the
pedal floor better lower or higher?

Thanks,
Bill McClellan
A164