First flight

Subject: First flight
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:15:04
Hi group,
We just finished a very enjoyable PFA Rally at Cranfield. A special
pleasure is always the people from overseas, many from Europe but several
---From USA and even as far as Australia and New Zealand.
Thomas Scherer finally made it at about 1830 on Sunday. Too late for the
show but never too late for some fun. He then flew on to Tatenhill where we
met him and took him to Derbyshire for an evening of chat about everything.
His trip to Mongolia sounds exiting but a little scary.

This morning Thomas gave me my first flight (after my March mishap). Glad
to say I had no misgivings about it at all. IT was encouraging to find that
the degraded left eye caused no real problem with landing or take off
perception. (THomas did the flying)
I failed to explain his apparent lack of speed but no doubt he will
eventually find something. The only noticeable difference was that the
Rotax gearbox seems rather noisy compared to most others I have been around.

Graham, glad to be off the ground again