Re: Prague trip

Subject: Re: Prague trip
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 01:39:41
Message text written by INTERNET:Grahamclk@aol.com

mike.cater@talk21.com
writes:
<< The flying time we record is from our Hobbs meter which cuts in when the

pitot pressure is that of 35kts. >>

Interesting -presumably an add-on ?- my meter total is wildly over the top
as
it runs all the time the master switch is on, and is swamped  by
electronics
test time. Had thought of latching it from rpm input to get engine time,
but
have never got around to it.
I get accurate flight times, speeds and distances by post-scanning the gps
track points for the time  (coincidentally the same as you) between 35kts,
though it could be anything nearby as the sample interval is normally set
30 sec.  Mustn't stall in flight though (:-))
<

I have included 2 LCD hourmeters

1. Flight time hourmeter using a pressure switch like Mike's (available
---From RDS)
2. Engine time hourmeter using a combination of the master switch and
alternator output to sense when the engine is running (I assume that I am
not going to run the engine for significant amounts of time without the
alternator). This saves another wire through the firewall and arranging an
oil pressure switch.

Nigel Charles