Fin Attach

Subject: Fin Attach
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:54:04
Hi All,
This question is for those who have the classic and are using Graham
Singleton's sternpost. I am about to attach the fin and I can't seem to
locate a reference as to where and how many layups are required when fitting
the fin onto the top molding and sternpost. I'm aware of the two ply BID one
that goes on the base of the fin. Are the ones in the manual (the UNI and the
local hinge reenforcements of BID) required when using the sternpost? It
appears obvious that some tie-in layups are necessary at the top as well on
the port side, where the sternpost does not extend as far aft as the fin
vertical flange. I do plan to use plenty of redux/flox to insure an good seam
bond.
Is a 1/4" blue foam spacer a suitable spacer under the fin (if properly
sealed with micro) instead of plywood strips?
What other problems should I watch out for?
Thanks Folks.
Troy Maynor