Re: Weight and balance

Subject: Re: Weight and balance
From: David G. Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 00:17:30
Paul & Liz Atkinson wrote:

> In article <3844B66B.6125@virgin.net>, dg.watts@virgin.net (David G.
> Watts) wrote:
>
> > Last time I saw John's aircraft he had the new tailwheel but not the
> I assume that a Europa fitted with a 912 shouldn't need the battery
> moving. The reason I would like the info is that I need a starting point
> on which to base my calculations. It would also be useful to see how much
> variation there is between "standard" aircraft to give me some idea of how
> much margin of error to allow for, if say the battery does need to be
> moved further aft. I wouldn't want to move it any more than is absolutely

Wrong!! Ours is a Classic fitted with a 912 and we had to fit the
battery in the luggage bay. (We are not alone in having to do this, and
maybe a result of building the tail end light???).
In the UK the PFA require that the Europa remains within the CofG limit
with 2 ICAO standard people on board (can't remember for sure, but
around 170 lbs each) plus an empty fuel tank.

Dave Watts G-BXDY