Re: Eurpoa flying cost/hour

Subject: Re: Eurpoa flying cost/hour
From: David G. Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 00:22:04
Bill McClellan (A164) wrote:
> Would any of you who are flying and who have calculated your flying
> cost/hour let me know what it is.  It would include all on going costs,
> i.e., fuel,insurance,taxes,monthly or annual maintenance costs,any
> storage, parking or field fees,etc.  Cost of buying and building the
> plane shouldn't be included.  The calculation would use an average
> numbers of flying hours per month, so would you include the average
> hours per month.

In our first year of flying we flew 200 hours. Last year we flew 250
hours. I have costed out everything including full hull insurance,
permit, all maintenance, fuel and oil. (we trailer the aircraft home
after each flight so no field/hangarage charges).
In total it costs us  14.00 per hour!!! :-)

This does not include any landing fees, but does include the high cost
of fuel in the UK which is typically around 0.75 per litre.

Dave Watts G-BXDY