Re: Replacing Aileron/Trim tab hinges

Subject: Re: Replacing Aileron/Trim tab hinges
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:20:33
Tim,

I put one of my hinges in the wrong place (very carefully too)  I had to
remove it and do a repair.  The good news is that mine came off very easily.
I drilled out the rivets, and fortunately they didn't spin around.  I then
slipped a wide bladed chisel in between the hinge and flap and it cracked
away cleanly.  Putting it back is a bit of a pain because you will need to
spend quite a bit of time cleaning out the resin.

Regards,  Paul (363)