Re: brakes

Subject: Re: brakes
From: Andy Draper <ANDY@europaaircraft.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:19:04
Dear All,

The reason for the =22bleed=22 valve being at the bottom is that this is
considered the fill point and the air bleeds out through the master
cylinder.

Now god and everyone knows.

Regards

Andy Draper
Technical Manager

 I would strongly advise mounting the bleed valve at the top of the
caliper,
with the hose entering at the bottom, air ALWAYS rises to the top. This
will
result in foolproof brake bleeding without having to jump through hoops
or turn the aircraft upside-down=21 God only knows why Europa put the
original
bleed valve near the bottom.

I have taken the liberty of CC=27ing the group since I know of others with
the
same problem.

Nigel

The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK - info=40avnet.co.uk