Re: Fuselage Cradle

Subject: Re: Fuselage Cradle
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:34:12
Just a warning....

I used the cradle design published by Europa Lakeland which uses four bolts
to suspend the aircraft. This worked fine for a long time, then on Saturday
I noticed that the aft support had given way and had torn the bolts up
through the fuselage for around an inch and a half. I don't know when the
damage actually occurred but it was probably related to setting up the flaps
when I had more weight in the aircraft than ever before.

I have now removed the original rear supports and made a new structure to
the aft of the aircraft which will allow me to support the fuselage in more
places and distribute the load.

Tony

Tony S Krzyzewski               Kaon Technologies Ltd
Managing Director               PO Box 9830, Newmarket
Ph 64 9 520 4631                Auckland
Fx 64 9 520 3321                New Zealand

Reply to                     tonyk@kaon.co.nz

Networkers visit        www.kaon.co.nz
Aviators visit             www.kaon.co.nz/europa/