Re: Aileron cores

Subject: Re: Aileron cores
From: Dave Simpson <DaveSimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:51:37
Steve,

Yip.  When I received my ailerons, there was a 6 mm twist in the way you
describe.  Europa's Quality Control chap (Roger - since left the company)
swore blind that there wasn't even though he was 200 miles away.  After a
lot of insistence on my part, he agreed to send another set.  Shortly after
that he admitted to a problem in the cutting jig.  My kit is no. 47.  If
yours was made around the same time, then you may have the same problem
(though not with Roger).

You can deal with small misalignments by holding down the foams with double
sided sticky tape to a flat surface before glassing the top.  Once one
surface is glassed, you're OK.  I had to do this because even the second set
he sent had a 3 mm twist.

Send 'em back.

Dave Simpson