Aileron cores

Subject: Aileron cores
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:05:56
Gents,

I'm getting ready to start on the ailerons.  While setting up the cores
I've noticed that when I have a straight line from tip to root along the
leading edge, there is a 3-4 mm. gap at the point where the trailing
edges meet.  This is true for both the port and starboard core sets.
If I place the cores so there is no gap, I have a slight "swept wing"
effect along the leading edge.

I'm assuming I need to shim / fill the gap but wanted to check with
everybody to make sure I'm not guessing wrong.  Has anyone else noticed
this ?

Gratefully,

Steve Genotte