US Machine thread sizes

Subject: US Machine thread sizes
From: Paul McAllister <pma@obtero.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 15:52:12
I have a bit of an odd question to ask.  I recently purchased a
second hand King 76A transponder.  In the long term I intend to
use it in my Europa, however for the moment its going to live in my
C150.

I need some c/s metal threads for it but I have not been able to get
a hold of the size I need.  I thread seems to be 48 TPI, and the
diameter seems close to 3/32.  The only metal threads I have been
able to find are # 2-56 and 4-40.  I would assume I need a # 3-48

Could some one in the US suggest a mail order house that can
supply what I  need ?
Paul McAllister