Re: Parking Brake

Subject: Re: Parking Brake
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:10:25
Brian Rauchfuss - PCD wrote:
> The Europa manual is a bit vague about fitting a parking brake - it
> suggests either a 1 way valve or a mechanical means of holding the
> lever back.
> How have people done this?  Is is uneccessary to have a parking brake if
> you always tie down or trailer?

Some have fitted a 1 way valve, but most have fitted a mechanical means.
Most of these fall into the very simple cam type and virtually all of
them are different.
The idea is that you have an ovalised cam pivoited flat on the tunnel,
such that when you rotate it, it holds the brake lever in the parked
pasition. The oval shape allows you to easily get the fit right.
You will not need it on the trailer, but you will need it at the
airfield when you leave the aircraft and when you do the run up checks.

Dave Watts, G-BXDY
P.S. Just back from Cranfield where we had a great weekend. Don't know
the figures for sure yet, but I would guess there were around 25 Europas
at the event. Nice to see 2 from Austria and 1 from Germany.