RE: lift pins

Subject: RE: lift pins
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:10:19
Earlier I wrote:
> [...]
setup. I have two concerns. The first; how can I be absolutely sure I'm
drilling the holes for the pins straight? I know what the book shows but has
anyone found a more precise way than the MK-I calibrated eyeball?<<<<

Hi All,
Thanks to all who responded to the above. I ended up using a fixture made
absolutely square out of 3/4" aluminum with holes to bolt it to the spar
bushings. The pin holes were drilled using moveable drilling guide bushings
made out of steel. The bushings were removable to fit into holes in the
fixture that lined up with the plates to be drilled. I had one with the ID to
fit the drill bit and another with the ID to fit the tap. It worked well. You
just have to remove the aileron bellcranks and us a spacer on the side that
has the spar socket. I still have the flap drive pins to do yet. Then to get
those plates in the right place.(!)
Thanks again.
Troy