Lift Pins

Subject: Lift Pins
From: nigelcharles <NigelCharles@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:38:59
Message text written by INTERNET:TroyMaynor@aol.com
>I am about to start the dreaded task of lift pins and wing incident setup.
have two concerns. The first; how can I be absolutely sure I'm drilling the

holes for the pins straight? I know what the book shows but has anyone
found
a more precise way than the MK-I calibrated eyeball?<

Refer to the 'Europa Flyer', issue 15, page 6 for making a suitable jig.
This is easy and cheap to make and ensures accurate pin alignment. Anyone
willing to collect my jig (Southern UK) is welcome to the use of it. At
present it is being used by Roger Sheridan in Sussex and it is being passed
on to Gerry Holland (Somerset) when he has finished. For those requiring
the necessary tap for the female threads the tap is being circulated with
the jig. I do not want the jig returned but would appreciate the tap back
when it is no longer needed.

Nigel Charles