RE: Lift Pins

Subject: RE: Lift Pins
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:42:15
Hi! Troy Maynor.
Re:- Lift Pin Aluminium Implants .I recently did an e-mail to Paul Lowe and
Norbert Hoffman on this vexing subject, since I am short of time I will try
to copy it to you.... here goes.
.Firstly I am no authority and can accept no liability, but your request
for info' is as per a recent message which I sent to Paul Lowe recently so
I am copying it to you( assuming I can get my mind around this sending
copies on the Internet business!) What number is your kit ? (purely out of
interest)
Hope this information is of use to you. Just one point to remember is that
since the inside skin is over the insert, then when using the router you
must stop before the last , say 25 " 'thou' , of metal has been removed
otherwise you will cut into the surrounding innner skin. The last thin
piece of aluminium can be easily removed with a small compass instrument
type tool , and because of the lack of bonding it just pops out.. I was in
discussion with the factory about leaving this last piece of metal in and
bonding the new piece on top of it when I discovered how easy it was to
remove it .
I hope this info' is usefull and not too complicated to follow.
Regards
Bob Harrison. 337 G-PTAG