Re: flying / air conditioning

Subject: Re: flying / air conditioning
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 23:54:13
        europa@avnet.co.uk

>In a message dated 17/06/99 22:51:11 Greenwich Standard Time,
>brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com writes:
>
><<
> I would also be worried that combining the above two ideas might allow
carbon
> monoxide into the cockpit.>>
>
>I have had CO detector on board since doing it and nothing has shown. IMHO
>there is more risk from the throttle slot, rudder pedals etc.
>
> <<What about having cooling air exit the engine on the sides (a nice low
> pressure zone) and the cockpit air entering with the slots below the
> windscreen?

Several people , Jon Tye was an early one, have put small exits in the
sides of the lower cowl just ahead of the footwells. Works well with the
old Classic installation. The only snag is that it may upset the laminar
flow over the fuselage if it isn't done with an eye to smooth exit of the
cowling air.

Graham