Re: 'Water in fuel' incident.

Subject: Re: 'Water in fuel' incident.
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:44:58
In a message dated 20/03/99 21:27:40 Greenwich Standard Time,
Dave_Simpson@londonweb.net writes:

<< and all our machines are filled from petrol stations and jerry cans. >>

Mine too, but using "yachtsman" type plastic tanks, and I have not seen any
water.

No doubt not original, but to take the labour out of lugging the can up to the
filler I have set a Schader valve into the cap and just pump it up. The head
is only a few feet and you can use anything from a bicycle pump or a cushion
inflator to a 12v. tyre inflator.  The latter will deliver an impressive flow,
but set the pressure cut-out to the lowest or the tank might not like it.
These tanks have a self closing valve outlet for a hose and  by using a close-
fitting plug on other end into the filler it all becomes splash and vapour
free.  (Fuel smell is the main thing which puts wifey off flying !)

Incidentally millions of motorists a day fill up at petrol stations without
any earthing lines. Has anyone heard of a flashover ?

Graham C G-EMIN