'Water in fuel' incident.

Subject: 'Water in fuel' incident.
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 19:13:58

Thanks to all who responded on this issue.

I am now _fairly_ certain that I know how the water got into the tank in
this
instance - a half empty jerry can of fuel which had been standing for
some time.

This was really, the only obvious variation to a procedure which I have
followed
for over 10 years. Normally, I always use fresh fuel and I rarely leave
the cans half
full.

Graham Singleton wrote:

> I can only guess but I would think the most likely source of the water
is
> the jerry cans.

Alan