Re: 912 Coolant Temp??

Subject: Re: 912 Coolant Temp??
From: Brian Long <brian@dalton.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:55:48
John,
    I have the EIS on a Lycoming.  I can tell you this is a reliable,
accurate and affordable little devise.  Needless to say I don't have a
coolant temp gauge on mine. I may need to add one to the cooler to make sure
the beer is staying cold. Can you imagine that little red flashing light
warning of the emergency. I could set the max limit at 35 degrees F. The
right probes and leads are of vital importance for accuracy. The inlet hose
to the engine sounds to me to be a more beneficial reading. As you pointed
out, you already have a CHT gauge to tell you if the coolant is doing its
job. If not, the next question is if the radiator is doing its job.