912 Coolant Temp??

Subject: 912 Coolant Temp??
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:28:27
I purchased an EIS for use with the 912S, so the CHT's will monitor the
temperature of the coolant in the heads. However the EIS has a separate
coolant temperature probe which is meant to monitor the coolant in the system.
I built a fitting for this coolant probe from 1 inch stainless which can be
inserted into the 1 inch coolant hose.  The question is, should it be in the
outlet hose from the engine (where it should more or less duplicate the CHT
reading) or in the inlet hose from the radiators to the engine (where it would
monitor the effectiveness of the radiators)?

John    A044