Tailwheel Mod

Subject: Tailwheel Mod
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:41:41
Nigel,

If you go to a hobby store (model aircraft and all that) you will find

You will also find that it will only fit in the one handle size but
fortunately its the chunky variety which helps even more in the control.

I'd say the cut is maybe 10 - 15 thou wide. You can also easily follow
round a circle and it really works well - I even found I could start the
cut off just running the tip along the desired line until it went through.

I'd say it took me about ten mins to go all the way round and the disc you
are left with becomes your access panel so mark a couple of lines on it
first so you always get the orientation right.

I'd didn't find the mod as difficult as I thought it might be - just do a
couple of dry runs first and certainly wet out your cloth on plastic sheet
and roll it up - just make sure you remember which side is going to stick
down and which side you will peel the plastic sheet off once its in place.
I also used slighly thicker plastic sheet so my 'roll' didn't flop to much.

Regards

Martin Tuck
N152MT
Wichita. Kansas