Re: Manifold pressure gauge

Subject: Re: Manifold pressure gauge
From: Ron Swinden <ron@swindenr.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:11:50
Dear Jim
1                  fascinated to see your note. For starters if the gauge is
visibly filling with fuel I reckon it is probably a bin job no way should
fuel be able to get out at that end.
2.   I too have fitted a vac gauge and I tapped into the middle of the
balance pipe but  not into the top and when recently I had to remove the
panel to change the  dicky tacho I disconnected the pipe to the vac gauge
and was surprised to find it was full of fuel.

I think what must be happening is that the fuel vapour in the pipe must be
condensing out and sitting in the pipe.  That sounds odd but I do not think
that it will hurt and perhaps?? if you tap off the top centre of the balance
pipe it may help but I think the pipe will still fill up in time if the
condensing process is indeed the reason for the fuel being there.

Any one else got any ideas???

All the best Ron S  No 33