Manifold pressure gauge

Subject: Manifold pressure gauge
From: James Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:25:00
I recently fitted a manifold pressure gauge to our Rotax 912, and have
encountered a problem with fuel being drawn up into the gauge to the point
where the dial is half submerged.

I have tapped into the aluminium balancing tube that connects the two
carburettors together at a point close to the port carburettor. I have tried
routing the tube vertically, as far as possible before going to the gauge,
but with no improvement.

I have now tried re positioning tee to mid way between the carburettors and
put a restrictor in the line, similar to the one we use in the fuel return,
but the weather has prevented testing so far.

Any others out there had problems, if not any advice on how you installed
yours would be appreciated.

Jim Naylor.