Re: Martin Stoner's Accident in G-BWON

Subject: Re: Martin Stoner's Accident in G-BWON
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:10:32

> I had the stick at this stage in the far left corner as the wind was
> from 4 o-clock.
> Martin Stoner

I have recently been getting my tailwheel training and was discussing
taxiing with a tailwind with my instructor.  He said that with a strong
tailwind I would need to change from full stick back (when the engine
slipstream was pushing the tail down) to full stick forward (when the
tailwind was stronger than the slipstream).  He couldn't really give
me any solid idea of how strong a tailwind was too strong.

Can anyone give me an idea of how strong a tailwind would be required
for one to use full forward stick (and away from the wind, of course) in
a Europa?

Brian