Motor Glider

Subject: Motor Glider
From: Pete Brownlow <peteb@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:10:32

[Lurk mode off]

Having not heard much about the glider wings recently, I was interested
to read a short initial review of the Motorglider Europa in this
month's Motorgliding International magazine, written by Derek Piggott.

Derek seemed quite impressed with it and, importantly, the thermalling
speed was slow enough to make good use of British thermals.

Derek Piggott is well known and highly respected in the gliding world.
He is also not afraid to speak as he finds if he reviews a design which
he thinks has faults - so we can take this one as a genuine review.

He didn't comment on the effectiveness of the trailing edge airbrakes,
 it will be interesting to see how good they are once development is
complete.

If anyone wants to get hold of the motorgliding magazine, it is
published jointly by the BGA and the Soaring Society of America.

[Lurk mode back on - phew!]

Pete