Re: Motor Glider

Subject: Re: Motor Glider
From: Brian Long <brian@dalton.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 23:01:20
I was just in Lakeland to pick up my kit over the weekend.  I saw the newest
brochure on the Europa and it was both extravagant and thorough. One thing
that was missing is any mention of the glider wing.  When I spoke to Ivan
last December he had just completed the first flight test of the wing.  He
seemed unsure at that time if they would actually follow through and offer a
kit for it.  He was concerned that the demand for the wing may not be enough
to support the manufacture of a kit. Does anyone know where Europa currently
stands on this topic? Also, aside from P-factor, does anyone know how the
ground handling of the normally winged Europa compares to gliders. I have a
bit of time in a squirrelly, top heavy, narrow geared Volmer amphib tail
dragger and in gliders. After all the chatter about ground handling I wonder
how much different is the Europa. I'm concerned I won't be able to train in
one.
Thanks, Brian