Re: Debate over intregrity of Europa aircraft /

Subject: Re: Debate over intregrity of Europa aircraft /
From: Al Fuller <alfuller@webworldinc.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:00:16
  Company

The tone I refer to has to do with the notion [sometimes expressed, sometimes
implied] that the criticizers have no "right" to make comments which you and
other builders disagree with without giving their names, and volunteering to
become personal targets.

As regards your claim that the remarks are "slanderous", I just reviewed them,
and while I am refraining from offering legal advice in this forum, I am
comfortable with pointing out that the great bulk of the tome was questions
regarding the a/c, and a few comments regarding statements made by the
promoters.  To date, I have seen several comments which attempt to excuse the
lack of accuracy in the promises [...every exaggerates...], but no challenge to
the accuracy.  In the United States at least, truth is a complete defense to
slander.  In other words, if the criticism is true, there is no slander.

That said, let me please try one last [I hope] time to make myself clear:  I am
not attempting to pass judgement on either Europa as an organization or
aircraft, nor am I passing judgement [positive or negative] on the folks who
wrote the criticisms.

MY FOCUS IS THIS:  I recognize that sometimes it is safer to make comments
anonymously than to offer oneself up as a target, and therefore see no problem
with the manner in which the criticism was offered.

FWIW, from my personal perspective, I am genuinely sorry that I ever said
anything. On the other hand, I am proud to have had the opportunity to point
out the validity of criticism, even when we may not agree with the content.

Now, could we please get back to the really fun stuff, like tailplane torque
tubes, and de-laminations...........?

eudora="autourl">mailto:alfuller@webworldinc.com

 Anaheim Hills,
CA [Southwestern
USA]

 '89 FJ-62, mostly stock. Europa XS to be built......

 The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

Alfonso C. Fuller, Jr.
EUDORA=AUTOURL>mailto:alfuller@webworldinc.com<x-tab></x-tab>
Anaheim Hills, CA