Re: Panel Planner

Subject: Re: Panel Planner
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:25:42
Troy Hi!

Did have Panel Planner Software and found it useful. Too useful!!
I ended up with so many combinations of ideas that I sold it on and have
gone back to paper facsimile of Instruments stuck to Panel. You have the
ability with that to simulate 'full-size' layout and feel.

Panel Planner has the features you describe including Weights, Power
consumption, Costs and Sizes.

Tony K produced a better 'base' Panel to work with than was previously
delivered with the Software. I think its included now.

You do not need the 'professional' version to output to DXF (CAD)
format. There is a 'glitch' in the software allowing the basic version
to work ($99.00). (Its alleged!!)

E-mail me privately if you need that info.

The Software is delivered on CD so you will need to borrow or purchase
second hand the whole package.

All in all it is useful but my guess is that you will still be
finalising with 'paper' templates.

Regards

Gerry

Bldr No 384 G-DDSC